Black & White Advertising Material Requirements
Digital Material for Black & White at 100 Line Screen Output
• The expected dot gain is 35% at the midtone dot. The preferences file should reflect this amount of gain at the scan or adjusted from within photo editing software such as Photoshop.
• Required format for black & white graphics is Grayscale (@ 200 dpi) or B&W Bitmap (@ 1,016 dpi).
• Fine lines and serifs should not be less than .006 inches in thickness.
• We recommend that all solid reverses be a maximum of 85% black.
• No color formats accepted for black & white.
• No multiple master (MM) fonts of any kind.
Digital materials: PDF (preferred), Postscript (EPS). Go to http://wsjmediakit.com/newspaper/specs/materialspecs/pdf for step-by-step settings on creating a valid Dow Jones PDF.